August 16, 2011

Patience.

There are a variety of ways that the Lord has showed me patience and what a virtue it truly is. I could probably name more than 20 different ways that I have been showed the value of patience in the past week.

Patience noun
bearing of provocation,annoyance, misfortune, or pain, 
without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.

Sometimes, it is harder for me to be patient than others.  But, always the hardest time for me to be patient is when I really want a piece of clothing. I know that kind of sounds dumb. But, when something isn't on sale and I really want it, it is SO hard for me to wait. I could probably go into a store any day of the week and be able to pick out 20 different things I would like to have. This, is why it is important that I always get things on sale.

About a month ago I found these black shoes that I wanted at Target. I tried them on, and absolutely loved them. They fit perfect, I could walk in them, and they were... 25 bucks. $25 may not sound like a lot to most but, if I know I could get them for cheaper there is no way I will get them. I sadly put them back on the shelf and walked away.

This past Sunday I was in Target again. As I saw the clearance sign for the shoes that said "85% off" I immediately scurried over there. The black shoes were there! Those cute adorable things that I could walk in. AND the best part was the price tag only said $6!! As I lifted each of them up looking at the size I suddenly realized that my size wasn't there. I quickly walked up and down the isle again but, nothing. No size 7 1/2. I was a little upset that the shoes I had been thinking about for a month were just not available anymore.

As I walked into Target on Monday to buy some bath items I decided to check one more time in the shoe section. As I walked over there I started up the isle and picking up the shoes to look at the sizes again. ...BEHOLD, the size I needed! The $25 shoe that was only $6! I couldn't of been more excited that my patience paid off.


Here are the shoes. 
Paired with a dress that was originally $80 that I got for $20!

I realized that the patience I know that God keeps teaching me made me so very happy!

Sarah Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment